Illinois Emergency Services Management Association News
2023 IESMA Summit Awards Nominations2023 Awards Nominations
We are currently accepting nominations for the 2023 IESMA Awards Ceremony set to take place on April 27th, 2023 at the Northfield Inn, Springfield IL. Each year we solicit nominations from our members to highlight those who have gone above and beyond to demonstrate their innovation or dedication to the field of Emergency Management in Illinois.
Below you will find a list of our awards for 2023, a short description of each award, and a link to submit your nomination. Please note that self-nominations will not be accepted. The deadline to submit a nomination is March 10th, 2023.
- Community Partnership Award - Awarded to a community group, NFP, business, etc. that demonstrates a dedication to partnering with emergency management in Illinois (local or state level) to better prepare for, respond to, recover from, or mitigate disaster.
- Emergency Management Agency of the Year Award - Criteria could include innovation in preparedness, exceptional response to a disaster, etc.
- Emergency Management Student of the Year Award - Awarded to a student enrolled in an emergency management (or public safety-related degree) program at an accredited institution of higher learning in the State of Illinois who has made significant contributions to the field of emergency management in Illinois or to IESMA.
- Five Phases Award - Awarded to an IESMA member who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership or innovation in one or more of the five phases of emergency management.
- O.D. Troutman Outstanding Service to Emergency Management Award - Awarded to an IESMA member who has demonstrated exceptional service to their agency, exhibited a high degree of professionalism, and promoted the emergency management principals within their agency.
- Lee Shannon Lifetime Achievement Award - Awarded to an IESMA Member who has dedicated a lifetime of service to IESMA.